We are delighted to confirm that the school has been awarded the silver award as a commitment to Sports and School Games.
Well done everyone.
Swimming & Water Safety
All schools must provide swimming instruction either in key stage 1 or key stage 2.
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Key Stage One
- master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching, as well as developing balance, agility and co- ordination, and begin to apply these in a range of activities
- participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending
- perform dances using simple movement patterns.
Key Stage Two
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination •play competitive games, modified where appropriate [for example, badminton, basketball, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounders and tennis],and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance [for example, through athletics and gymnastics]
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
Congratulations to the winning football team in the Euro 2016 Competition held at Badger Hill Primary School Brotton in June 2016.